[Rpcemu] RPCEmu 0.8.7

Dave Symes dave at triffid.co.uk
Fri Sep 3 08:46:18 PDT 2010

In article <20100903143714.GA19396 at spod.org>,
   Peter Howkins <rpcemu.howkins at marutan.net> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 03, 2010 at 07:21:47AM +0100, Dave Symes wrote:
> >
> > Worth noting I guess. I also upgraded a plain old 4.02 install with
> > 0.8.7 and set up networking and that seemed to be okay... In the sense
> > that the RPCEmu will fully boot okay. Unfortunately still no network
> > connection.
> >
> > *ifconfig -a produces 1o0: flags=8008<LOOPBACK,MULTICAST> mtu 16384
> >
> > Obviously no ping returns. (No route to host which is 192.168.0.1 the
> > router).
> >
> > Bridging works okay, there was a minor problem but that's sorted.
> >
> > I'm going to stick with the 4.02/0.8.7 install to see if I can get
> > networking then, I'll have another look at the 4.39
> >
> > I've just been through the RO networking setup again, step by step as
> > per the RO configuration instructions.
> >
> > Reboot RPCEmu.
> >
> > *ifconfig -a gives the same report.
> >
> > Dave
> >
> > As it's quite short, I've posted the log below.
> >

> <snip log>

> The log shows that you've a windows networking device to connect too. So
> that means there's an issue with the RISC OS end.

> Have you installed the driver and autosense file?

Yes, that's one of the first things I re-checked.

> Have you installed the Castle 32bit?

That's a good question, see my reply to your last paragraph...
But I will check in a mo...
Interesting, no has to be the answer.

The installed Clib was 4.87 and in ROM.
Anyway to make sure I've fresh downloaded the Castle System and installed
that.
Verma now shows the 4.87 dormant and the 5.53 active.
Etc.

> Is there a line about EtherRPC when you type '*show inetsetup*' ?

*show inetsetup*
InetSetup$Dir* : ADFS::HardDisc4.$.!BOOT.Resources.Configure.!InetSetup

> When you run the 'Interfaces' section of InetSetup is there an
> 'EtherRPCEm' interface in the list?

Oh yes indeedy, I ticked and then configured it to the ip address I've
assigned to the RPCEmu 192.168.0.11. (Funnily enough, the same as your
example in the documentation) Netmask: 255.255.255.0

(I assume this is what I'm supposed to do, rather than configure it for
the underlying Win OS, which is 5)

> 4.02 I know does work. Is this however a 4.02 setup which has the Select
> 4.39 boot, and just not loading 4.39?

This is an old 4.02 install from the RO LTD Almost free CD, it has never
seen anything other than 4.02.

I've deliberately only been working with this 4.02 virgin version so I
don't complicate matters with the subsequent RO Select stuff.

Thanks Peter.
Dave

--

Dave Triffid