[Rpcemu] RPCEmu 0.8.7

alan buckley alan_baa at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 3 12:11:23 PDT 2010

> Dave wrote:
> On Fri, 3 Sep 2010 16:46:18 +0100
>
> In article <20100903143714.GA19396 at spod.org>,
> Peter Howkins <rpcemu.howkins at marutan.net> wrote:
> > On Fri, Sep 03, 2010 at 07:21:47AM +0100, Dave Symes wrote:
> > >
> > > Worth noting I guess. I also upgraded a plain old 4.02 install with
> > > 0.8.7 and set up networking and that seemed to be okay... In the sense
> > > that the RPCEmu will fully boot okay. Unfortunately still no network
> > > connection.
> > >
> > > *ifconfig -a produces 1o0: flags=8008<LOOPBACK,MULTICAST> mtu 16384

I had his until I replaced my boot by using the RO Disc Install mentioned on

the Network install instructions for RPCEmu. It does completely replace your

existing !Boot so you need to copy the peices you need from your old boot

again.

This then gave me what looks like the correct result for ifconfig -a.

(I still can't ping, but that may be a Windows 7 problem).

[snip other things tried]

Regards,

Alan