[Rpcemu] Networking does not work (for me!) with RPCemu 0.8.7

Steffen Huber steffen at huber-net.de
Fri Sep 3 15:23:30 PDT 2010

Hi,

I have tried out the networking feature in RPCemu 0.8.7.
I can't get it to work with either RO 3.70, 4.02 or 5.17. All
exhibit the same effect: ifconfig -a gives the correct output,
gateway is set correctly, but I can't ping anything (apart
from myself). Name resolution also does not work.

Confusingly, DHCP works fine (obviously only on
RO 5.17!) to get the IP address, and ShareFS shows
the shared discs in my network - but those can't be
accessed, it always times out.

Any hints? I am pretty sure I followed all the docs
precisely. Anything I can provide to help resolve this
problem?

The OpenVPN version I installed is 2.1.3 (I only installed
the TAP part) - might this be the problem? Windows
networking still works fine. All Windows firewalls
are disabled.

Steffen