[Rpcemu] RPCEmu 0.8.7

Dave Symes dave at triffid.co.uk
Sat Sep 4 00:58:34 PDT 2010

Footnote to my last posting...

XP-SP3 all updates to last tuesday.

Network Connections.

rpcemu:
Status reports connected.

Local Area connection: (My original network connection)
Status reports connected.

Internet connection:
Status reports connected

Bridge:
Status reports connected.

Bridge TCP/IP Properties are correct...

Well one question hovers...

In TCP/IP Properties (set up manually)

IP address: I have the IP I've assigned to the rpcemu install 192.168.0.11
is that correct?

Changing it to either the underlying Win OS (5) or even the router (1)
doesn't make any difference, still no network connection, even though I
have a connection icon on the Task bar that indicates the Bridge
connection status *is* Connected.

I've returned the IP address to 11.

Pinging from rpcemu to other computers on the LAN or even external
addresses obviously return a 100 percent loss, and "Host is down" message.

Bong! That my friends is my understanding of the subject banging on the
end stop.

Dave

--

Dave Triffid