[Rpcemu] RPCEmu 0.8.7 networking and a word to the wize

Dave Symes dave at triffid.co.uk
Sun Sep 5 03:30:35 PDT 2010

Boy oh boy, did I get a biggy fright this morning.

I use this SARPC to run my business, and after that for fun.

Powered up the big fast XP desktop beast earlier today, to carry on with
my messin' about with RPCEmu and networking.

On the big beast, I have a second HD upon which a copy of VRPC Adjust-SA
is installed, this contains a mirror of this SARPC including the business
stuff.
Every weekend, usually Sundays, I sync the two.

When I attempted to run the VRPC this AM it wouldn't run, insisting it was
an unregistered copy...

Ooer! missis that is worrying (Though I do have it all double backed on
the NAS).

This puzzled me for a short while until I remembered the s..t way that VA
secure their product... Tied to the Network card, and because I'd created
a bridge, the MAC and card appeared different.

Deleting the Bridge, enabled the VRPC to run.

Worth mentioning methinks in case anyone else is in the same boat.

Dave

--

Dave Triffid