[Rpcemu] RPCEmu 0.8.7

Dave Symes dave at triffid.co.uk
Mon Sep 6 11:21:29 PDT 2010

In article <20100906114415.0E44C428A at blake.inputplus.co.uk>,
   Ralph Corderoy <ralph at inputplus.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi Jeremy,

> > Everyone's "just a computer user" unless they make an effort to
> > understand more.  You post a lot on these mail lists... but do you
> > take the trouble to read other people's posts?   If you do, then over
> > a period of time, you'd learn things.

> That seems unfair.  Dave puts personal effort in to try and find out
> under what circumstances the symptoms change and reports those back to
> the list.  It's not as if he just keeps popping up saying "it's still
> broken, it now does this, what do I do?".  Regardless of effort, some
> people just don't have the aptitude or time to learn a particular topic
> or skill, whether that be computers or playing the piano, so I think we
> should just be grateful for the constructive feedback allowing those on
> the list who do have the skill to spot what may be the underlying cause.

> Cheers,
> Ralph.

Ralph, I think that is a very good summary of my situation, two things get
in my way, medication and time...to which I would add...

Think of me as the Mad Boris Karloff professor, I have this terrible
machine and it won't work, I will do anything I can, even destroy the
whole universe to get my terrible machine working. ;-)

<Pinch of salt and tongue in cheek please when reading the above>

Dave

--

Dave Triffid