[Rpcemu] RPCEmu 0.8.7

Dave Symes dave at triffid.co.uk
Mon Sep 6 11:32:50 PDT 2010

In article <mpro.l8bp5x005r89600pw at wingsandbeaks.org.uk.invalid>,
   Jeremy Nicoll - ml roinfo <jn.ml.roi.39 at wingsandbeaks.org.uk> wrote:

[Snippy]
> You miss my point.  I understood what you'd commented out, but didn't
> have a good understanding of why /you/ thought those /specific/ changes
> - no more, no less - were required.  How would you summarise in one
> sentence what you did?

[Snippy]

Thank you for the posting Jeremy, I need to read it a few time to try and
digest what you are saying...

A couple of related asides... No criticism of what you've written about my
methodology, I tend to agree.

After spending many hours over the weekend poking at the problem, why
won't a RPCEmu upgraded to RO 4.39 boot, and believe me it wouldn't.

I tracked down what whas happening (Still don't know why) and after more
work sidetracked the problem bit, hacked a fix and then got not only a
fully booted  Emu4.39 but I also contrived to get it Networking.

I may be the mad professor... But up until that point, as far as I'm
aware, I was the only person around who actually had a RPCEmu networking
under Select RO 4.39

That has got to be worth a least one browny point.  ;-)

Dave

--

Dave Triffid