[Rpcemu] RPCEmu 0.8.7

Jeremy Nicoll - ml roinfo jn.ml.roi.39 at wingsandbeaks.org.uk
Mon Sep 6 14:46:39 PDT 2010

Ralph Corderoy <ralph at inputplus.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi Jeremy,
>
> > Everyone's "just a computer user" unless they make an effort to
> > understand more.  You post a lot on these mail lists... but do you
> > take the trouble to read other people's posts?   If you do, then over
> > a period of time, you'd learn things.
>
> That seems unfair.  Dave puts personal effort in to try and find out
> under what circumstances the symptoms change and reports those back to
> the list.

Yes, but the way in which he reports what he's done is so ... unstructured
that I'm not sure that anyone would pay all that much attention.  How many
of his problems are due to his hacks do you think?  Or not undoing one hack
properly before trying another?

> It's not as if he just keeps popping up saying "it's still broken, it now
> does this, what do I do?".

Isn't it?  I see his posts in multiple lists and they're frequently of the
"something is broken, what do I do now" sort?  Why does /he/ have so many
problems?