[Rpcemu] Windows 7 networking problem

Alan Buckley alan_baa at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 7 05:41:15 PDT 2010

 Peter Howkins wrote on Friday, September 03, 2010
> On Fri, Sep 03, 2010 at 01:44:54PM +0100, Alan Buckley wrote:
>>    I've just attempted to set up the RPCEmu (0.87) networking
>>    on my Windows 7 64 bit machine and have got as
>>    far as the stage where the ping doesn't work.
>
> I've not got it to work on windows 7 yet, as stated in the known issues on
> this page.
>
> http://www.marutan.net/rpcemu/manual/net-win.html
>
> If you figure it out let me know and I'll update the documentation.

I haven't figured it out, but network has started working
on my Windows 7 machine today. The computer has
been powered down a couple of times since Friday
but I haven't touched any network settings.

One thing though if I reset RPCEmu I get the message
"Tap-Win32: Could not open 'rpcemu'" and then the
networking stopped working.

Closing and restarting RPCEmu allowed the networking
to work again.

Regards,
Alan