[Rpcemu] Files in HostFS

Peter Howkins rpcemu.howkins at marutan.net
Tue Sep 7 11:26:36 PDT 2010

On Sat, Sep 04, 2010 at 03:43:06PM +0100, Matthew Ault wrote:
> My appologies if this has come up a lot already (I did have a look); Any
> file's I save in HostFSI cant see using Windows 7. Why not is a mystery to
> me. Is there a solution to this issue?

It took me a while to get back to my Windows 7 box too see, but try
looking in

C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\RPCEmu\hostfs

> Also is it possible to change video
> resolution. My PC uses 1600x1200, or 1680x1050, but even in full screen
> mode, I'm always at 640x480.

On RISC OS (3.5 or higher) video resolution is no longer controlled by
mode numbers, but by the loading of a MDF (Monitor Definition File), a
per-monitor spec file that lists all the available modes. Once you've
installed a !Boot, you'll find quite a few MDFs are available to
select in the Configure app, and that should let you change to a
larger mode via the Display Manager icon (second from right). Also you
can create your own MDF with your own modes using a program called
!Makemodes is the default MDFs don't have quite the mode you're
looking for.

> Also a bug I get on startup, (after I've quit one session) is a message
> 'Bad PC &XXXX.. Known bug?

Can you send me the logfile that's generated

C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\RPCEmu\rpclog.txt

And tell me which version of risc os you're using?

Peter

--
Peter Howkins
peter.howkins at marutan.net