[Rpcemu] RPCEmu 0.8.7 and RO4.39

Dave Symes dave at triffid.co.uk
Thu Sep 9 13:55:31 PDT 2010

After much working, I have a possible place where the the 4.39 hang is
created, unfortunately knowing is as far as my knowledge takes me, and the
rest is up to you gentlemen of greater knowledge.
Perhaps you would like to try it.

Took a Virgin RPCEmu0.8.7/4.02 install

I then updated it with Select RO 4.39 and added the required extras.
This booted fully in to 4.39 okay.

I then did !Boot Configure Network Configuration, and a step at a time
configured as per the RISC OS Configuration-Ethernet Bridging sheets.

With one exception, I did *not* initially configure "Interfaces" and upon
reboot the machine passed the SetUpNet hang point to boot into 4.39 (Small
moan about Networking)

Went back in and finished the configuration of Interfaces and EtherRPCEmu

Closed down and started a Boot which got as far as SetUpNet and hung.

Got back in and removed the EtherRPCEmu Interfaces file version and
replaced it with the old original, machine would now boot past the
SetUpNet hang point.

This happens every time...
I make no comments other than, I report what has happened.

Dave

--

Dave Triffid