[Rpcemu] Guaranteed EMU crasher

Dave Symes dave at triffid.co.uk
Fri Sep 24 10:24:50 PDT 2010

In article <AANLkTikTeDe3J3oFmzqD1CAES+qz+_QfamL37XM8zm9i at mail.gmail.com>,
   Ollie Clark <ol at ollieclark.com> wrote:
> On 24 September 2010 08:35, Dave Symes <dave at triffid.co.uk> wrote:
> > I've been setting up a RPCEmu 0.8.8 Select RO 4.39 as a Mirror for
> > this real SARPC, mostly as a test bed to see what/which apps will, and
> > what will not play ball.
> >
> > Interestingly there are a couple of apps that would not play the game
> > and would always crash RPCEmu out.
> >
> > I've put up a grab of the Error window of one app at:
> > http://www.triffid.co.uk/dstuff/Emucrash.jpg  so perhaps some of you
> > expert chaps might like to have a looksee.

> I'm certainly not one the expert chaps but to save time, it would be
> probably be useful to say which apps cause this.

> Cheers,

> Ollie

Ooooer! Dunno about that, people will accuse me of having two copies of an
app running on two different computers even if it is for research purposes.

Not sure if my fragile persona can stand anymore vilification. ;-/
Those of you who know me, don't all laugh at once...

If anyone requires it, contact me (address is valid) and I'll send them a
copy of the app as it's setup, with a description of what to do to make
RPCEmu die.

What I will say is, there were a couple of apps among a lot I brought over
to the Emu that caused RPCEMu to go TU and die, but I managed to resolve
those issues myself, still don't know why or what, but after a lot of work
the apps are now working okay... One of them was Pluto.

This app in question has really got me puzzled, which is why I wondered if
anyone knows what that message means.

Dave

--

Dave Triffid