[Rpcemu] Guaranteed EMU crasher

Dave Symes dave at triffid.co.uk
Sat Sep 25 03:53:50 PDT 2010

On 24 Sep, dave at triffid.co.uk wrote:
> In article
>    <AANLkTinh+heagE7WY+zNRWUfnFm0-rRGfpPbvQhZzFEW at mail.gmail.com>,
>    Matthew Howkins <rpcemu-list at howkins.me.uk> wrote:
> > > If anyone requires it, contact me (address is valid) and I'll send
> > > them a copy of the app as it's setup, with a description of what to
> > > do to make RPCEmu die.

> > Please send me (directly if you wish) the details of the application
> > and the steps you followed which led to the error. Please include a
> > copy of the rpclog.txt file.

> > The error you provided may match with a known fault, and I would like
> > to confirm this.

> > Matthew

> Okay, will do, but it'll have to be tomorrow, as I have some business
> paperwork I must get finished before I hit the sack. (one of the *not*
> joys of working out of a home office) :-/

> Dave

G'day Matthew,

I have discovered the specific thing that generated the message I put up
on the site yesterday.

The small app contained a line that was set at the VRPC computer from
which it was transferred to RPCEmu, and I hadn't realised it had a file
path in it that was HD specific.

Set UserInet$Dir HostFS::HardDisc4.$.Net.Netsurf
                 ^^^^^^
Changing that to ADFS sorted the problem immediately.

Dave

--

Dave Triffid