[Rpcemu] RPCEmu 0.8.8

Francis Devereux francis at devrx.org
Sun Sep 26 15:26:43 PDT 2010

On 26 Sep 2010, at 22:12, Francis Devereux wrote:

> On 19 Sep 2010, at 20:38, Peter Howkins wrote:
>
>> A new version of RPCEmu is available, 0.8.8
>>
>> http://www.marutan.net/rpcemu/
>
> I've made a Mac OS X binary (i.e. runnable, not source code) version of 0.8.8, which can be downloaded from http://www.devrx.org/software/rpcemu/rpcemu-spoon-0.8.8-fjd-bin.zip
>
> This is based on the 0.8.8 source code with my OS X GUI and networking code merged in.

Aagh! That release contained an old version of the HostFS modules, which meant that if you tried to use HostFS the emulator would hang.  I've uploaded a fixed version to http://www.devrx.org/software/rpcemu/rpcemu-spoon-0.8.8-fjd2-bin.zip and deleted the old version.

If you are upgrading (from 0.8.6 or 0.8.8-fjd) you'll need to replace the HostFS modules in your poduleroms directory (~/Library/Application Support/RPCEmu/poduleroms by default) with the ones in http://www.devrx.org/software/rpcemu/rpcemu-poduleroms-0.8.8.zip

Francis