[Rpcemu] Getting started with RPCEmu for Mac OS

Chris Wraight cdwraight at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Sep 27 09:20:40 PDT 2010

Thanks for the responses.

> The .DS_Store is an annoying bit of junk that Mac's like to put in zip
> files - it holds the Mac specific metadata for the files I believe.

Being new to Macs, I had a look at this. It seems that OS X adds .DS_Store files
to pretty much every folder on the system. There're normally hidden, and I
needed to download a utility to view them. Deleting them only lasts until the
folder is accessed again, after which a new one pops up.

So I guess either there's something odd with my system, or RPCEmu is doing
something funny, or .DS_Store is harmless and the problem lies elsewhere.

Cheers,
Chris