[Rpcemu] RPCEmu and hd5.hdf

Tony Moore old_coaster at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Sep 27 10:29:27 PDT 2010

On 5 Sep 2010, Dave Symes <dave at triffid.co.uk> wrote:

> CD ROM is disabled, no CD drive on the icon bar, two hardrives
> configured.
>
> How does one do anything with the HD5.
> It reports as unformatted.
> HForm won't format it. "Cannot read disc identity".
>
> What exacty is required.

The User Manual says that RPCemu can emulate two IDE drives, provided
that the CD drive is not configured but, as Dave says, this seems not to
work.

Using RPCEmu 0.8.8 on Windows, having copied hd5 into the program files
directory, set the number of ADFS drives to two, and re-booted, another
drive icon, labelled :5 appears on the iconbar. Clicking on it leads to
a message from the ADFS Filer

   Disc error 02 at :5/0000000000000000

Is this a bug, or have Dave and I missed something?

Tony