[Rpcemu] RPCEmu and hd5.hdf

Dave Symes dave at triffid.co.uk
Mon Sep 27 14:52:13 PDT 2010

On 27 Sep, dave at triffid.co.uk wrote:

> > > Yes!

> > > Dave

> > FWIW. I even attempted to format drive 5  Obviously also a failure.

> > Dave

> Blimey! I'm gonna have to eat my words, just returned from a cup o' tea
> and managed to format drive 5 to 2.5 Gigs.

> Dunno how that suceeded, when loads of previous attempts have failed.

> Dave

> I'm going to try that again with another RPCEmu install as this one was a
> 4.39 only version.

Well I've tried literally dozens of times now, including downloading a new
from the Spoon site.
I've also tried it on two different computers Win 7 and XP.

My original 'Blimey' one is still okay, and it's still the only fluke hd5
I've manage to make work... And even after copying it from Win 7 over the
Lan to XP it still runs okay.

I've even taken that working hd5.hdf and put it in other similar installs,
but upon boot and config, it just errors 02 at :5/0000000000000006 (Or
very similar) and cannot even be formatted.

Tried it on all sorts of RO combination. 4.02 only 4.02 softloading 4.39
and 4.39 only... No change.

I'm brain frazzled, so I'm off to my pit.

Dave

--

Dave Triffid