[Rpcemu] Getting started with RPCEmu for Mac OS

Francis Devereux francis at devrx.org
Mon Sep 27 15:51:58 PDT 2010

On 27 Sep 2010, at 17:20, Chris Wraight wrote:

> Thanks for the responses.
>
>> The .DS_Store is an annoying bit of junk that Mac's like to put in zip
>> files - it holds the Mac specific metadata for the files I believe.
>
> Being new to Macs, I had a look at this. It seems that OS X adds .DS_Store files
> to pretty much every folder on the system. There're normally hidden, and I
> needed to download a utility to view them. Deleting them only lasts until the
> folder is accessed again, after which a new one pops up.
>
> So I guess either there's something odd with my system, or RPCEmu is doing
> something funny, or .DS_Store is harmless and the problem lies elsewhere.

Try http://www.devrx.org/software/rpcemu/rpcemu-spoon-fjd-2010-09-27.zip.  I've made the poduleroms loader skip files starting with '.', so it should skip the .DS_Store file.

I think that the reason I didn't encounter the problem myself is that I've followed the instructions at http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1629 to prevent OS X littering my Linux and Windows machines with junk.

Francis

P.S. source code pushed to http://fe4e.ath.cx/hg/rpcemu-spoon-fjd/ as usual.