[Rpcemu] RPCEmu and hd5.hdf

Dave Symes dave at triffid.co.uk
Tue Sep 28 04:07:00 PDT 2010

On 27 Sep, dave at triffid.co.uk wrote:

> I'm brain frazzled, so I'm off to my pit.

> Dave

So a new day and brain with new thoughts and questions.

So I've managed to get one HD5 to work out of many, many attempts... I'm
trying to narrow it down... Why I managed to do it once, but have been
unable to do it since despite dozens of attempts.

So start from scratch.
Download a new copy of a Hd from the RPCEMu site.
Stick it in an emu install.
Run that install.
Obviously check Emu-Setting-Disabled is ticked (Is in all of mine)

Boot-Configure-Discs
Cd-ROMS set to 0
[Set]
Warning... [Continue]
Disc configuration [Set]

Open Disc configuration again
ADFS Discs
Select 2
[Set]
Warning... [Continue]
[Set]

Excellent, that worked, but fly ointment time I'm afraid.

The HD5 operation will only work on RO 4.02 setups.
A 4.02 then softloading 4.39 fails, and 4.39 only fails.

So the answer for the time being is do it in a 4.02 setup, then upgrade to
4.39 afterwards.
This does work.

Dave

--