[Rpcemu] RO5.17 (was Getting started with RPCEmu for Mac OS)

Francis Devereux francis at devrx.org
Wed Sep 29 11:36:24 PDT 2010

On 29 Sep 2010, at 16:26, David Pitt wrote:

> Chris Wraight <cdwraight at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>

>> I'm not sure how to switch between recompiler and interpreter on the Mac
>> OS build,
>
> The ready built Mac version only has the one executable, which I assume is
> the recompiler.

That's right, I didn't see any point in providing an interpreter executable - the recompiler version is much faster and I haven't found any bugs in it that aren't also in the interpreter version.

The interpreter version can be built from the Mac sources by removing -DDYNAREC from the "Other C Flags" setting in the Xcode project build settings.  The build settings are also set up so that an interpreter version is built when the Debug build configuration is selected, because the recompiler version crashes when you try to debug it (I can't remember whether it crashes on startup or when it hits a breakpoint).

Francis