[Rpcemu] RPCEmu 'viewfinder'?

Andrew Flegg andrew at bleb.org
Tue Nov 1 17:34:55 PDT 2011

On 31 October 2011 22:31, Jeffrey Lee <me at phlamethrower.co.uk> wrote:

> Indeed. Apart from the performance optimisations I've also put a lot of
> work into the sound and video emulation, so ArcEm is now about as good as
> Arculator when it comes to running old games.

Apologies for the off-topicyness, but I've built the arcem-fast branch
with 'make SOUND_SUPPORT=yes' and run it under 'padsp'. I get the
satisfying beep of WaveSynth-Beep and a flashback to *finally* getting
an Arc (well, an A3010) after about 5 years of trying.

Unfortunately, trying to access any ADF image spews out a load of
errors of the form:

    Read from non-IOC IO space (addr=0x0304f600 pc=0x0000001c

No Filer window opens (RISC OS 3.11). During startup, the image is
detected properly though:

    floppy format ADFS 800KB used for drive 0's r/w, 819200 length, image.
    inserting floppy image FloppyImage0 into drive 0: ok

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

--