[Rpcemu] 'ofla' not found!

Tim Powys-Lybbe tim at powys.org
Wed Nov 2 06:31:00 PDT 2011

Having one or two little problems with the elegant ROOL Emulator stick
purchased on Saturday last.

I'm running an Intel Mac with OS 10.7.2 (Lion).

The first problem I overcame, that I had an old version of RPCemu around
and the new one picked up the configuration for that and did not run
properly.  I deleted a few files but no joy, it was still picking up a
copy of RISC OS 4.02.  So I used CleanMyMac to throughly uninstall
RPCemu.  This appears to have dealt with that issue.

Now for the second problem. Reinstalled RPCemu from the memory stick and
indeed it started with 5.17.  But then it gave an error of the form
"File 'ofla, ofla, ...'  not found" and no pressing of keys would get
beyond that.  I had to do an old fashion Mac Force Quit.  I tried moving
the 'Shared RPCEmu data' directory nearer to the user root on the Mac
but no difference.

Can someone help on what to try next, please?

Tim Powys-Lybbe                                           tim at powys.org
             for a miscellany of bygones: http://powys.org/