[Rpcemu] Socket emulation in RPCEmu

Ralph Corderoy ralph at inputplus.co.uk
Sat Nov 5 04:52:47 PDT 2011

Hi Alan,

> 2. I will need to return pointers to memory in the emulator to the
> calling program in RISC OS (e.g. errors + various socket structures).
> How do I allocate myself this memory from within RPC emu? And once
> allocated how do I translate the address for RISC OS?

I would have thought your "stub" RISC OS module that
implemented/intercepted those SWIs would allocate the memory within RISC
OS and then the host data would be copied across.  The emulated machine
has its "RAM", how that's sliced and diced for emulated programs to use is
outside the control of RPCemu.

The source of HostFS may be a good start for learning about interfacing
across the boundary.

Cheers, Ralph.