[Rpcemu] Well really.

Andy Marks andy.marks at tesco.net
Fri Nov 11 03:43:29 PST 2011

---- Tim Powys-Lybbe <tim at powys.org> wrote:
> On 10 Nov at 22:59, Steve (ROOL) <srevill at riscosopen.org> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> > Anyway, I don't want to hijack the RPCEmu list for a discussion on
> > ROOL bounties so feel free to pose questions over on our forums. :)
>
> I hate forums, far to much plonking about to log in and out and do
> passwords, etc.  At least on this mail client (MPro) all I have to do is
> to click on the space bar and more effortlessly from one discussion to
> another.  Can't a gateway be opened between the forum and a mailing list
> so a contribution to one goes to the other?
>
> Alternatively can't mail clients such as MPro be made to handle the
> ghastly forums as well as lovely newsgroups and near-lovely mailing
> lists?  (Or have I missed something?)

I use Hermes (part of R-Comp's NetFetch) to fetch the ROOL Forum RSS feed, for example and then filter that into a folder in Messenger Pro. Not that difficult to set up, and fast becoming my preferred way to read the forum. Not bad considering I only got Messenger Pro on Tuesday and was worried about whether I'd be able to adapt to it after years of using Pluto, but not managing to get it to work on the BeagleBoard.

All depends on if you have Hermes (and thus NetFetch) as well as Messenger Pro.

Andy