[Rpcemu] Checking for corrupt HD4 filesystem

David Pitt pittdj at pittdj.co.uk
Wed Feb 1 01:57:28 PST 2012

In message <2a0b9d5a52.George at tiscali..co.uk>
  george greenfield <george.greenfield at tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

> My HardDisc4 filesystem may be corrupt: is there a * command for
> checking this (*CheckMap? *Verify?), and if so, what is the correct
> syntax? I've tried *CheckMap [HardDisc4] and got the response 'please
> insert HardDisc4' which isn't particularly helpful!

> If it turns out the filesystem on HD4 is corrupt, presumably the only
> solution is to back up the existing files, delete the existing and
> re-install a clean HD4 and copy back the files?

I assume this refers to an emulated ADFS drive provided by an hd4.hdf
file.

My emulated drive is named 'IDEDisc4' here.

I normally boot from HostFS so with HostFS as the current filing
system the command to check the emulated ADFS drive is :-

ADFS:checkmap

(There is no *checkmap command in HostFS.)

With ADFS as the current filing system then both
  *checkmap
or
  *checkmap IDEDisc4
worked.

*. will show the current filing system and drive.

rpcemu 0.8.9, OS4.04, Mac OS X.

--
David Pitt

MessengerPro 6 on an ARMini running RISC OS 5