[Rpcemu] Some ques re RPCemu-0.8.9 on Linux

Ralph Corderoy ralph at inputplus.co.uk
Wed Feb 1 04:48:39 PST 2012

Hi Terry,

> > I've added more debug in the attached src/hostfs.c;  details on the
> > directory entries being returned.  I've tried creating lots of
> > symbolic links here, to /, $HOME, /dev, etc., and it all works fine,
> > no hangs.  I've read the hostfs code looking for errors on buffer
> > boundaries, etc., but spotted nothing.  Perhaps something in the
> > detail will give a clue on yours.
>
> OK. Another rpc.stderr attached, from your latest hostfs.c

I've created those same files and directories in my Fedora, also
symlinked from my hostfs and the filer's fine.  Nothing seems odd about
their attributes, and the parent directory has larger files.

Instead of the Desktop can you get to a command line and do

    *HostFS
    *.
    *Ex Fedora

Here that looks to print out the results as HostFS returns them.  If
there's no lock up then it would suggest the issue is with RISC OS's
Filer?

It would be very nice to be able to re-create the issue outside of your
machine.  I suppose we could alter hostfs to filter out chunks of the
host directory so it doesn't reach RISC OS and then you could experiment
with that to see if you can narrow down what it doesn't like.

Cheers, Ralph.