[Rpcemu] Some ques re RPCemu-0.8.9 on Linux

Ralph Corderoy ralph at inputplus.co.uk
Fri Feb 10 16:03:22 PST 2012

Hi Terry,

> > I'm not sure what use it will be but I have Linux mint-debian
> > running in  a VM. I will try building RPCemu in that and see how it
> > behaves.
>
> An interesting result, but may not actually contribute.  I copied my
> rpcemu-0.8.9 dir to my shared VM shared dir, then booted  mint-debian
> in Vbox and put the rpcemu-0.8.9 dir in my home dir.  I then built
> RPCemu and made a link in hostfs to the home dir.  RPCemu will open my
> home dir OK. It will also open hostfs dir but shows it  as empty. No
> lockup of freeze at any stage.  Not a definitive test by any means, as
> the host home dir was sparsely  populated. Note also that the
> mint-debian files do not appear to have  SELinux involved.

I've not had any more ideas on this.  I was wondering if rpcemu had
provision for tracing the ARM's PC.  Tediously slow if used from reset
onwards but HostFS could spot when it's being asked about Fedora and
turn it on at that point.  Perhaps the range of RISC OS addresses it
loops over would give more confidence it was a RISC OS problem.

Cheers, Ralph.