[Rpcemu] How to recover from bad monitor mode?

Terry Duell tduell at iinet.net.au
Sat Jun 30 21:51:29 PDT 2012

Hello All,
I am running RPCEmu 0.8.9 with RISCOS 4.39.
My boot files are all on ADFS (hd4.hdf).
I recently experimented with a new monitor definition file, and ended up
with a display mode that caused havoc...nothing on the screen could be
read.
I was unable to find any way of booting RPCEmu into a safe screen mode, so
ended up having to replace the hd4.hdf file with one from an earlier
version of RPCEmu. Luckily there wasn't too much that was different.
Is there a way of booting RPCEmu into a safe screen mode, to allow these
sort of errors to be corrected, without having to resort to replacing the
hard disc image?

Regards,
Terry Duell