[Rpcemu] 5.19 doesn't retain monitor settings

Tony Moore old_coaster at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Apr 23 05:54:07 PDT 2013

On 23 Apr 2013, george greenfield <george.greenfield at tiscali.co.uk>
wrote:

> I've just upgraded my 089/517 installation to 089/519, by replacing
> the 517 rom with the 519 ditto in the RPCEmu-roms folder.
>
> The new installation starts with the usual black screen and more very
> fast message scrolling than usual, but then displays at X640 Y480 C256
> F (unknown). The previous (i.e. 517) !Boot file is still there

I think that the problem is likely to be caused by the previous !Boot
being incompatible with the current ROM. Try updating !Boot from
HardDisc4 at http://www.riscosopen.org/content/downloads/other-zipfiles

When I last did this I found that Configure... > Boot > Install fixed
the installation, without hassle.

Tony