[Rpcemu] 5.19 doesn't retain monitor settings

george greenfield george.greenfield at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Apr 23 14:45:46 PDT 2013

In message <59c7074153.old_coaster at old_coaster.yahoo.co.uk>
          Tony Moore <old_coaster at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> On 23 Apr 2013, george greenfield <george.greenfield at tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
>> So I'm stuck. Maybe it's best to revert to 5.17; at least it worked!
>> Unless you have a barebones !Boot from said HardDisc4 which you could
>> send me (suitably zipped: that at least works here)?
>
> I'm using Boot dated 27 Nov 2012 which may not work with the current ROM
> so try https://dl.dropbox.com/u/77062274/ro519_boot_20130206.zip [8MB]
> which is contained in the current HardDisc4 download (2013-04-03). I
> haven't tried it myself yet.

Many thanks responding so quickly and comprehensively, Tony!

I'm holding your !Boot file in reserve: I managed to decompress the
current ROOL .tar version using WinZip on the dark side, and have
copied it into Hostfs in place of the 5.17 !Boot (NOT using the
Boot-Install dialogue however - dragging the new !Boot into the Merge
field didn't work). I still have only two display options in
Configure-Screen: 'Auto' and the Acer AL2416W MDF which is one of the
supplied ones. All the other supplied MDFs are unavailable - God knows
why. ISTR with my Iyo that simply dragging a new MDF into
!Boot.Resources.Configure.Monitors made it available for selection.

On the bright side, the display configuration is now retained over
reboots, so all I have to do is work out how to make Configure-Screen
aware of my preferred MDF. Once again, thanks for your help and
support.

George