[Rpcemu] RO 5.20 RPCEmu networking problem

Dave Symes dave at triffid.co.uk
Sun Aug 4 10:09:20 PDT 2013

In article <5eb8057653.acld75 at tiscali.co.uk>,
   george <george.greenfield at tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
> In message <5375ddc5e9dave at triffid.co.uk>
>           Dave Symes <dave at triffid.co.uk> wrote:

> > I have a couple of RPCEmu 0.8.10 installs that all Network okay, RO
> > 4.20, 4.39 and 6.20.
> >
> > Now, as of very recently, I have a RPCEmu 0.8.10 with RO 5.20 and
> > despite following the RPCEmu instructions I cannot get it to Network.
> >
> [snip]
> >
> > Any useful thoughts please?
> >
> You might find this thread of interest:

> http://www.riscos.info/pipermail/rpcemu/2013-June/002012.html

> Admittedly it refers to 0.8.10/5.19 so may not be valid for
> 0.8.10/5.20.

> George

I had tried 5.19 which is the version from which the 5.20 upgrade was
done, but that was also a not able to get networking version.

I've tried the suggestion at the above URL a few times, but unfortunately
that doesn't work, reporting as per usual "Host down" or something similar.

Thanks for the thought.
Dave

--

Dave Triffid