[Rpcemu] rpcemu on Mint15

Philip Glover philip at theglovers.name
Wed Aug 7 06:42:32 PDT 2013

On 05/08/13 15:26, Ralph Corderoy wrote:
> Hi Philip,
>
>>>       ldd ./rpcemu
>> Result:
>> not a dynamic executable
> How odd.  Could your restore of ./rpcemu after your upgrade have gone
> wrong?
>
>      ls -l ./rpcemu
>      file ./rpcemu
>
> Cheers, Ralph.
Have followed the advice from Frank de Bruijin and downloaded the
plugin-jack file (there were a lot of other files which seemed to be
needed, and I became confused as to what was really wanted). Now when I
try ./rpcemu I get the message :
"error while loading shared libraries: liballegro.so.4.4:cannot open
shared object file :no such file or directory".

If I try to start a new install from a download, I still get the "
AM_PATH_ALLEGRO not found in library" error message, so despite the
successful installation of the plugin-jack file, there is still
something amiss with my system, and I haven't the knowledge needed to
rectify same.
Thanks to you and Frank for trying to help. I'll ensure that I don't
lose my Mint14 install and stick with that.
Regards
Philip