[Rpcemu] Can't get Monitor def file to work under 0.8.10/5.20

George george.greenfield at tiscali.co.uk
Mon Aug 12 09:06:25 PDT 2013

First, a massive 'thank you' to Tony Moore for exemplary instructions
for upgrading to 0.8.10/5.20 - I've just done so and networking on the
new setup seems absolutely bulletproof here - more reliable (in terms
of re-networking after a RPCEmu reboot) than my 0.8.9/4.02
installation.

However, I seem to have hit a glitch with setting the screen
resolution. I've copied across the monitor def files from a
0.8.10/5.17 installation and put them in
!Boot.Resources.Configure.Monitors. However, the RISC
OS-Configuration-Screen-Resolution available options don't go higher
than 1280 x 1924 x 16M x 60Hz for the particular Benq MDF I'm using,
whereas the same MDF in 0.8.10/5.17 gives the complete range up to
1920 x 1050, as it should, including the 1824 x 1026 'hand-made'
option actually in use. I've obviously overlooked something, but I
can't see what. Any/all suggestions gratefully received.

George
[0.8.10/5.20 on Win7-64]

--
George