[Rpcemu] 0.8.10/5.20: MIPS readout oddity

George george.greenfield at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Aug 20 09:09:40 PDT 2013

I've been running 0.8.10/5.20 daily for about a week now, and have
noticed an oddity relating to the MIPS readout on the header bar,
which seems to display activity (sometimes /a lot/ of activity - up to
1400 on one occasion(!) and generally around 250-350 on my system*)
regardless of whether any application is active (i.e., when TaskUsage
will be displaying '0' or low single-figure activity levels). I
haven't noticed this with any previous 5.xx version or 4.02, where in
both cases the MIPS display conformed pretty closely to activity as
perceived on the desktop. Selecting Settings-Reduce CPU Usage doesn't
seem to affect the behaviour. Windows Task Manager gives the same
readout as MIPS.

It's not actually a problem functionally, but I just wonder if
something is going on that shouldn't be, and whether anyone else has
seen similar behaviour?

George
[*Win7-64, 3.4GHz quad-core i7 Dell XPS desktop]
--
George