[Rpcemu] 0.8.10/5.20: MIPS readout oddity

Tony Moore old_coaster at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Aug 22 13:19:53 PDT 2013

On 21 Aug 2013, Tony Moore <old_coaster at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> On 21 Aug 2013, Peter Howkins <rpcemu.howkins at marutan.net> wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> > If you're running on Vista or 7 and you used the windows installer,
> > don't check Program Files/RPCEmu/rpc.cfg but Users/<your
> > userame>/AppData/Local/VirtualStore/Program Files/RPCEmu/rpc.cfg
>
> Using Win7 32bit, RPCEmu was installed from the zip archive, not the
> installer, and the folder Users/<userame>/AppData/ is not present.

I had forgotten that the AppData folder is normally hidden and, having
changed the settings to show the folder, I find that there are, indeed,
rpc.cfg files present where you say. However, their datestamps are all
more than a year old and presumably result from previous installations,
long since abandoned. I have now changed the names of the folders in
VirtualStore/Program Files, to hide them, and the current installations
continue to work.

Tony