[Rpcemu] RISC OS 6.20 Install Guide

Tony Moore old_coaster at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Feb 1 01:49:56 PST 2013

On 31 Jan 2013, Dave Symes <dave at triffid.co.uk> wrote:

[snip]

> As I already have a number of RPCemu installs, up to and including
> Select 4.39 I thought I'd have a go at getting 6.20, my native RO Os
> running on one of the 4.39 installs.
>
> I already have an extracted RO 6.20 ROM from my real SARPC but I've
> hit a snag in the next stage of the instructions.
>
> 1) With the Select RO 6 CD in the Win PC drive, how do I get RPCemu to
> actually read the PC CD drive?

I found the same problem. Try the following, which worked here:

   copy RO6Instal, from the CD, into c:\Progam Files\RPCEmu\hostfs

   run RPCEmu

   in RPCEmu, open the RO6Instal application directory and re-set the
   filetypes (luckily not too many!). The files in the Data directory
   are zips (apart from the compressed rom-images, which are not used).

   run !RO6Instal, etc

Two other alternatives

   if networking is available, copy RO6Instal from a RiscPC, direct into
   RPCEmu, or

   on the RiscPC, zip RO6Instal and transfer it, via flash drive, into
   hostfs. It can then be unpacked in RPCEmu.

Tony