[Rpcemu] RISC OS 6 install instructions - revised

Frank de Bruijn rpcemu-sub at aconet.nl
Sat Feb 2 03:37:26 PST 2013

In article <CAN8bRVeitiRDcWZMggtjGc47NsgY6QPnxM=i=v9ty_R59aOvHg at mail.gmail.com>,
   Mike Allum <mike.allum at googlemail.com> wrote:
> I have a couple of observations about setting up the networking too.
> Although they are beyond the "just get you up and running" scope I think
> they have a place in your document because I'm a great believer in the
> one-stop-shop solution.

So am I. That's why I made the same suggestion a couple of weeks ago...

> I've not tested if an **unplug appletalk* is needed prior to (5).  I
> did it as part of my install but the "X" should do it anyway IIRC.
> Comments anyone?

Unplugging should -in my experience- be done before networking is set
up, because if you don't, everything goes pear shaped the moment you
confirm the networking settings.
See the thread 'Risc OS 6.20 - networking' of 9 January.

Regards,
Frank