[Rpcemu] Rpcemu: mounting CDs

Matthew Phillips spam2011m at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Feb 2 12:04:28 PST 2013

In message <5317d11e81dave at triffid.co.uk>
 on 2 Feb 2013 Dave Symes  wrote:

> Thanks, but I know what a .iso is, what I don't get is, how I put a CD with
> RISC OS files (and filetypes) in a PC Drive and get it to produce an .iso
> that will retain the filetypes?

An ISO image is a file which essentially contains a copy of all the sectors
on the CD exactly as they are on the CD.  So when it is accessed by RISC OS
via an emulator like RPCEmu, it will behave exactly like a real CD in a real
RISC OS machine.

It does not matter whether the machine used to produce the ISO image was
running RISC OS, Windows, Mac OS, Linux or anything else: it's a copy of the
raw CD.

--
Matthew Phillips
Durham