[Rpcemu] RISC OS 6.20 Install Guide

Dave Symes dave at triffid.co.uk
Sat Feb 2 12:36:10 PST 2013

In article <5317d4fc01dave at triffid.co.uk>,
   Dave Symes <dave at triffid.co.uk> wrote:
> In article <03e2d01753.old_coaster at old_coaster.yahoo.co.uk>,
>    Tony Moore <old_coaster at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

[Snippy]

> > I installed RPCEmu 6.20, starting from a copy of 4.39. The 'Menu slide'
> > option _is_ present in the result and, so far as I can tell, the other
> > 6.20 config tools are also present in RO600Hook.

> > RO600Hook is absent from 4.39 so, in 6.20, RO600Hook, and its contents,
> > must have been created by RO6Instal. In your installation, is RO600Hook
> > absent, or is it empty, or does it just contain the wrong config tools?

> > Tony

> Indeedy obviously RO600Hook is not in the 4.39 install.
> It appears in the 6.20 upgrade, it just contains the wrong Config tools.

> Dave

Okay, I've taken the !RO6Instal (6.20) apart and looked at the RO600Hook
within the installer and it doesn't contain !WindSetup, FilerTbars, and
ToolOrders that are in the real SARPC install.

That is from the RO LTD 620 CD, the RO LTD Iso download.

If I manually put the !WindSetup into the Emu RO600Hook I obviously get
the correct RO6 configs (Slide menu etc).

I do not get it, the official RO Ltd CD is the one I used to install 6.20
on this real SARPC years ago, but it doesn't contain the above noted.

Returns after a few thoughts...

As a select member I updated with every new version as it arrived, so I've
looked in the various installers.

The RO Select 6.14 CD installer does contain the !WindSetup configure tool.
And yes it does have the Menu slider configs.

I wonder why I'm wasting my time on this...

Dave

--

Dave Triffid