[Rpcemu] MDF query

Doug Webb doug.j.webb at btinternet.com
Mon Feb 25 11:34:52 PST 2013

In message <5323a6846dbob at mightyoak.org.uk>
          Bob Latham <bob at mightyoak.org.uk> wrote:

> In article <14e743f552.old_coaster at old_coaster.yahoo.co.uk>,
>    Tony Moore <old_coaster at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>> On 27 Nov 2012, Bob Latham <bob at mightyoak.org.uk> wrote:

>> [snip]

>>> where are you getting these MDFs from in the first place?

>> They're included in the ROOL HardDisc4 download available at
>> http://www.riscosopen.org/content/downloads/other-zipfiles

> Thanks Tony for the information but how on earth do you open it? On that
> site there appears to be two HardDisc4 downloads, neither will open on any
> machine or software I have. What is suddenly so bad about a zip file that
> everyone can open?

> Bob.

Bob

You may have your mimemap file set to tag any unknown file type as zip
as the HardDisc images are not zip ones but self extracting files or
tarball files.

So download the HardDisc4 self extracting file, change it's file type
to &FFC, i.e select highlight the file > menu > Set file type &FFC,
then double click on it to extract. All this is mentioned by clicking
on the blue information icon to the right of the files on the ROOL
website.

Doug

--
See and experience the future using ARM Technology - BeagleBoard -xM,
Cortex A8 and RISC OS 5.19.