[Rpcemu] Risc OS 6.20

Frank de Bruijn rpcemu-sub at aconet.nl
Tue Jan 8 12:07:33 PST 2013

In article <09fbf70a53.old_coaster at old_coaster.yahoo.co.uk>,
   Tony Moore <old_coaster at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> I haven't gone far in configuring the new installation but all seems
> to be working as expected - one minor reservation is that setting
> memory to 256MB causes the mouse pointer to disappear. However 128MB
> is fine.

Thanks for that. I was just about to ask if either of you had seen that
same problem. :-)

> Before we forget the way we came, one of us needs to write a step-by-
> step installation guide. Will that be you, or me?

Whoever does that, make sure to mention people with a RISC OS 4.39 ROM
should avoid the 'blank slate' approach with the contents of the
Recovery directory from the ISO. The ReadMe in that directory states:

"This will give you a basic !Boot which will work with RISC OS 4.02/3/4
or 4.39 ROMs."

This is incorrect, because it's a RISC OS 4.02 boot structure so it
simply won't work with 4.39.

> Gerald, congratulations on solving this apparently intractible problem,
> and many thanks for your encouragement.

My thanks as well.

Regards,
Frank