[Rpcemu] Risc OS 6.20

Gerald Holdsworth gerald at hollypops.co.uk
Wed Jan 9 00:23:14 PST 2013

On 8 Jan 2013, at 20:07, Frank de Bruijn wrote:

> In article <09fbf70a53.old_coaster at old_coaster.yahoo.co.uk>,
>   Tony Moore <old_coaster at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>> I haven't gone far in configuring the new installation but all seems
>> to be working as expected - one minor reservation is that setting
>> memory to 256MB causes the mouse pointer to disappear. However 128MB
>> is fine.
>
> Thanks for that. I was just about to ask if either of you had seen that
> same problem. :-)

I haven't, yet. One thing I did notice on my PC install is on the Info box (About This Operating System), the text has disappeared - haven't looked into this much.

>> Before we forget the way we came, one of us needs to write a step-by-
>> step installation guide. Will that be you, or me?
>
> Whoever does that, make sure to mention people with a RISC OS 4.39 ROM
> should avoid the 'blank slate' approach with the contents of the
> Recovery directory from the ISO. The ReadMe in that directory states:
>
> "This will give you a basic !Boot which will work with RISC OS 4.02/3/4
> or 4.39 ROMs."
>
> This is incorrect, because it's a RISC OS 4.02 boot structure so it
> simply won't work with 4.39.

I'll knock a guide up.

>> Gerald, congratulations on solving this apparently intractible problem,
>> and many thanks for your encouragement.
>
> My thanks as well.

Anytime guys. For my next trick, I'm going to see if I can substitute a hard drive for a Compact Flash card in a real Risc PC (as soon as I find my CF to IDE adapter)...

Cheers,

Gerald.