[Rpcemu] Risc OS 6.20 - networking

Frank de Bruijn rpcemu-sub at aconet.nl
Wed Jan 9 03:52:39 PST 2013

In article <18108972.Gnvd12890S at fsopti606>,
   Andrew Fawcett <andy at athame.co.uk> wrote:
> On Wednesday 09 January 2013 11:04:40 Frank de Bruijn wrote:
> > Odd. While networking works fine under RISC OS 4.39 on this Linux box,
> > trying to set it up under 6.20 causes a complete hang.
> >
> > I've tracked it down to the RMLoad that loads the EtherRPCEm module from
> > System:Modules.Network. Apparently RISC OS 6.20 objects to something in
> > the module's initialisation. Anyone else seeing this?

> It has been a while, but if I recall correctly you need to unplug the
> AppleTalk module as the one provided in 6.x is incompatible.

Thanks for that. I had compared the !Boot.Resources.!Internet.!Run from
RO 6.20 with the one from 4.39, commented out the conditional RMEnsure
for the softloaded AppleTalk module and added the X Unplug AppleTalk,
but seem to have accidentally commented that one out as well (d'oh!).

Networking working now.

Regards,
Frank