[Rpcemu] RISC OS 6.20 Install Guide

Frank de Bruijn rpcemu-sub at aconet.nl
Wed Jan 9 12:45:16 PST 2013

In article <9A0E5828-86AC-4B55-B589-7E2D1F4A29ED at hollypops.co.uk>,
   Gerald Holdsworth <gerald at hollypops.co.uk> wrote:
> As promised, I've written this step-by-step guide.

Looks good.

> There were some additional comments regarding networking which could
> be added, but as I have not done this myself, I have not added any
> instructions for it. Comments and revisions are welcome, on this
> thread.

A bit about networking would be useful, I think. If you install things
with the !RO6Instal application from NewUsers, you end up with a
!Boot.Resources.!Internet.!Run file which needs two modifications or RO
6.20 will hang as soon as you try to activate networking.

As Tony mentioned, you need to comment out line 64 of that file (the
line that contains RMEnsure AppleTalk 1.11). Then add on the next line:

 X Unplug AppleTalk

Also, just for the record, on RISC OS 6.20 the AutoSense directory
mentioned in RPCEmu's riscos-progs.EtherRPCEm.ReadMe, is in
!Boot.RO440Hook.Res.Configure.!NetSetup.!IFSetup (i.e. dropping the
!Boot directory on the newly installed !Boot won't work - the !System
bit should be fine, though).

Regards,
Frank