[Rpcemu] Disc not understood

Gerald Holdsworth gerald at hollypops.co.uk
Fri Jan 18 10:06:59 PST 2013

On 18 Jan 2013, at 16:19, Bob Latham wrote:

> My wife has had a new laptop for christmas and she wants to run her RO
> software on it under emulation. I've just spent most of the day trying to
> get past one error...
>
> Error: Disc not understood - has it been formatted?
>
> I've tried everything I can think of, I've downloaded the zip image
> several times, decompressed it and installed it hd4.hdf but RO just will
> not see it. The manual doesn't seem to say anything relevant to this.
>
> The really odd thing is I'm sure I've seen this problem in the distant
> past but can't for the life of me remember how to sort it.
>
> Any clues appreciated.
>

> Cheers,
>
> Bob.

Hi Bob,

Have you put hd4.hdf into the data directory (i.e. it should go here by default anyway)?
Have you done a *CO.IDEDISCS 1, and rebooted?
Can't remember though if you need to format the drive using !HForm (available here: http://www.support.riscos.com/Support/index.htm within the Updates folder, or use the RO4.39 CD ISO, as it is also on there).

Cheers,

Gerald.