[Rpcemu] Disc not understood

Jan Rinze janrinze at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 10:00:24 PST 2013

Op 20 jan. 2013 om 14:15 heeft Bob Latham <bob at mightyoak.org.uk> het volgende geschreven:

> In article <5310ebf1d4bob at mightyoak.org.uk>,
>   Bob Latham <bob at mightyoak.org.uk> wrote:
>
>> The laptop is a Sony Vaio 64bit W7 Professional 4GB ram.
>
>> The hard disc image (long file names) was downloaded from
>> http://www.marutan.net/rpcemu/ unpacked, and placed at
>> Program files\RPCEmu.
>
> [Snip]
>
>> Its hard not to conclude that either the emulator or the hd download is
>> broken.
>
> OK, here is the odd thing.
>
> Two laptops both are W7 64bit.
>
> Samsung - Home premium
> Sony - professional
>
> Install same msi on both machines. Download and install the lager hd4 on
> both machines in the same folder. Boot RPCEmu recompiler on both machines.
>
> One fails (Samsung) no !boot.  (Easy to fix)
>
> The other (Sony) disc not understood.
>
> Any ideas?

Did you dowload with IE? In my experience the downloads may be different from the actual file.. Try firefox or chrome. It can happen with files that IE tries to auto convert.

Can you also check if the files are identical? MD5sum is a tool to generate a signature based on the content of a file. You can run it on the downloaded files.

Jan Rinze.