[Rpcemu] RISC OS 6 install instructions - revised

Peter Howkins rpcemu.howkins at marutan.net
Fri Jan 25 09:23:41 PST 2013

On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 04:55:08PM +0000, Tony Moore wrote:

> No problem. If development is still in progress, could I ask again if
> the Windows version could be made to allow the hostfs folder to be moved
> out of the RPCEmu folder? This would enable several RPCEmu installations
> to access the same files, via HostFS.

There is a big can of worms here that needs a lot of work to do properly,
so I'm currently ignoring it and trying to concentrate on emulation
issues.

> I understand that this is already possible with the Linux version.

Yes, via symbolic linking. Though I believe something is similarly
possible under Windows too.

This page has a few suggestions under the Sharing HostFS with Virtual Risc
PC [1] with regards to linking.

http://www.riscos.info/index.php/RPCEmu_Windows_Tips

Peter

[1] I really recommend not mixing hostfs from Virtual RPC and RPCEmu, they
implement HostFS meta data in different ways (Virtual RPC (2 variations),
Virtual A5000 and Red Squirrel implement it in incompatible ways already).

--
Peter Howkins
peter.howkins at marutan.net