[Rpcemu] Network setup question

Dave Symes dave at triffid.co.uk
Tue Mar 5 23:05:51 PST 2013

In article <8c98e32753.old_coaster at old_coaster.yahoo.co.uk>,
   Tony Moore <old_coaster at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> On 5 Mar 2013, Dave Symes <dave at triffid.co.uk> wrote:
> > In article <5327dac7dddave at triffid.co.uk>,
> >    Dave Symes <dave at triffid.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> > > Ah indeedy, that seems to be the place and I now have networking on
> > > the Emu 6.20
> >
> > Still one remaining problem though. The Bridge on the PC W7 Pro
> > remains okay, but after a reboot the RPCEmu has lost it's config to
> > the bridge and I have to re-set it every time. (RPCEmu toolbar menu
> > Networking).
> >
> > Is there a bug here, or is there some way to make it persist after a
> > boot?

> Try setting the values in Program Files\RPCEmu\rpc.cfg to

>    bridgename = rpcemu
>    mouse_twobutton = 0
>    network_type = ethernetbridging
>    mouse_following = 1
>    cdrom_type = 0
>    cdrom_enabled = 0
>    refresh_rate = 60
>    stretch_mode = 1
>    sound_enabled = 1
>    vram_size = 2
>    cpu_type = SA110
>    mem_size = 128
>    cpu_idle = 1

> I suspect that you may have mem_size > 128, which can cause problems.

> Tony

Thanks for the above note Tony.

New day, Wednesday, upon cold boot of the whole system, everything now
seems to be working/networking okay.

Most of the values here are the same, and as I'm aware of the > 128
problems... (Also on VRPC) that's what it's always been set at.

One question though. cpu-idle = 1 on your setup, on mine it's = 0
(obviously yours is On mine is Off) but in real terms what does it mean?

Thanks
Dave

--

Dave Triffid