[Rpcemu] Network setup question

Dave Symes dave at triffid.co.uk
Wed Mar 6 08:10:25 PST 2013

In article <dd7a1c2853.old_coaster at old_coaster.yahoo.co.uk>,
   Tony Moore <old_coaster at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> On 6 Mar 2013, Dave Symes <dave at triffid.co.uk> wrote:

[Snippy]

> > One question though. cpu-idle = 1 on your setup, on mine it's = 0
> > (obviously yours is On mine is Off) but in real terms what does it
> > mean?

> Settings > Reduce CPU usage

> It makes a big difference to the availability of the CPU, for other
> Windows tasks.

> Tony

Ah I see.
As it's installed on a 3GHz multicore machine, I guess it won't make much
difference.

Thanks for the info.

There was a bug related to that setting in a version of Emu, has it been
fixed.

Dave

Aside...

I discovered a short while ago that creating the bridge made a total FU of
my (Lot of) use of Uniserver, sending stuff from SARPC <> <> Win and
particularly Firefox, and also Copy/Pasting between the machines.

Creating the bridge wiped out all my manual settings, but of course I
wasn't aware that DHCP had been engaged, and couldn't fathom why it was
all FU.

Obviously now all reconfigured manually so that Uniserver can once again
serve.
D.

--

Dave Triffid