[Rpcemu] Network setup question

Tony Moore old_coaster at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Mar 6 14:04:58 PST 2013

On 6 Mar 2013, Dave Symes <dave at triffid.co.uk> wrote:

> Next question relates to ShareFS.
>
> All my machines have names attached to their IP address, and those
> names show up in the ShareFS "Menu-Show discs" window on any RO Sys
> that's running, however, even though RPCEmu has a name (DBF) attached
> to its address, it doesn't present as the given differentiating name,
> but presents as HardDisc4 everywhere.

I believe that the IP address is not relevant to ShareFS. If the disc
which you are sharing has its icon on the iconbar, Menu > Share > etc
will create a ShareFS share, with the same name as the disc.

This doesn't work with HostFS because there is no iconbar Menu. In this
case, you need an obey file, ShareFS_setup, in boot Tasks, containing
something like

   ShareFSWindow 1 { > null: }
   ShareFSIcon aaa
   Share HostFS:$ bbb

where aaa is the name of a remote disc displayed on the local iconbar,
and bbb is the name allocated to the HostFS share, to be displayed on a
remote iconbar. The first line ensures ShareFS transfer reliability.

Tony